Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Very Own Cooking Show

I just love the Food Network.  When we had cable, it was my absolute favorite to watch. And it's pretty much the only reason I'm sad that we no longer have cable.

I also love food.  I love to read about it, buy it, cook it, bake it, and, of course, eat it.  I also like to pretend that I'm Rachel Ray or Alton Brown or [angles singing] the Pioneer Woman (oh my goodness, isn't she amazing!?) or any other number of celebrity chefs with their own cooking show.  And I've always thought it would be so fun to have my very own cooking show.  Prior to Henry, I would pretend in my head and no one would know.  But now that Henry is here, I have a captive audience on which to practice my cooking show.  I just plop him up on the counter in his Bumpo and start working, talking through the various ingredients I'm using and the multiple steps taken to create a delicious dish.  He's learning many interesting things and will hopefully one day enjoy cooking for his family as much as I enjoy cooking for mine.

Learning the proper technique for chopping onion


Juicing and zesting lemons for Lemon Bars


Making the yummiest chocolate chip cookies in the world


Cutting more onion; we use a lot of onion. And garlic. Yummmmmm!


Even Daddy got in on the fun and taught Henry how to make brownies

2 comments:

  1. Title of your cooking show: "Cooking with Henry!" =D Yours can geared towards kids to perk their interest in cooking! AND - Such a GREAT use of the Bumpo seat! You'll miss it when he no longer fits in it (and topples it over!) and is actively banging around at your feet and no longer quietly observing. Enjoy it now and take lots of pics NOW! ha! Of course there's always duct tape . . . . . ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie: you are one amazing grandaughter. I have NEVER known anyone who loves, adores and includes their child in all activities, including cooking. Maybe Henry will grow up to be a CHEF and have his own TV show. Love you!!!!!!!! Your gramma--and Henry's GG

    ReplyDelete