Monday, November 14, 2011

Lemony Lemon Loaf

My desire for lemony tasting foods tends to wax and wane.  Recently, it has waxed.  Profusely. Especially after I can across this recipe from Glorious Treats (who, incidentally, is one of my new favorites).  I felt like it needed to be made immediately, but I didn't want to eat the entire thing by myself (trying to lose that baby weight).  So I invited some friends over for a little girls night and got to work.

The recipe was just a little more labor intensive than your average loaf recipe (probably mostly because of all of the lemon zesting and juicing), but it was oh so worth the effort.  This bread is Ah.Maze.Ing. And not just because I was craving something lemony.  My non-lemon craving friends thought so too.  And my husband, who kept sneaking past when he thought I wasn't looking, cutting off slices (I think he ate almost a fourth of the loaf).

I ended up with two full loaves and one mini loaf.  We devoured one of the big loaves, I gave the small loaf away, and the second big loaf is in my freezer, patiently waiting to be consumed.  I'm waiting for just the right moment to pull it out.  I should probably invite some more friends soon.

Anyway, if you're feeling overwhelmed by the urge to eat all things lemony, or are just needing a yummy non-holiday bread, head over to Glorious Treats for the recipe.  Oh, I bet you could even use oranges instead of lemons to give it a little holiday flare.  Hmmm....maybe I'll try that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment